A Smile Makeover Can Transform Your Smile
By combining two or more cosmetic procedures, Dr. Michael J. Appleton and Dr. Christopher Braud can address multiple areas of your smile for a more dramatic aesthetic transformation. Focusing on your goals and needs, our doctors can complete a custom smile makeover at their Slidell, LA, office so your smile can become something that you are proud to share. With their extensive training in cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud have a keen eye for aesthetics. They can design your smile makeover to achieve your cosmetic goals and provide you with a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
By combining two or more cosmetic procedures, our doctors can address more areas of your smile for a more dramatic aesthetic transformation.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a comprehensive treatment plan that combines two or more cosmetic procedures and is ideal for patients who have multiple cosmetic flaws they want to address. Combining procedures can allow Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing smile possible while keeping treatment costs lower and timelines shorter. You can create a plan tailored to address discoloration and deep stains, gapped or crooked teeth, minor damage such as chips or cracks, and more.
Common Treatment Combinations
Smile makeovers are completely personalized. The treatment combination that works for one patient may not achieve your specific goals. Our doctors will work with you to determine which procedures to include in your smile makeover, such as:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shells of porcelain are applied to the front of the teeth to conceal deep stains, minor damage such as cracks or chips, and to straighten mildly crooked teeth or fill small gaps.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer both in-office procedures and take-home whitening kits so you can choose the method that is most convenient for you. Both options can whiten your smile by as many as eight shades with our professional-strength whitening gel.
- Dental Bonding: Using composite resin to refine the shape and shade of your teeth, dental bonding can achieve many of the same results as porcelain veneers at a fraction of the cost. Additionally, dental bonding does not alter your natural tooth structure, allowing patients to reverse the effects of the procedure if desired.
- Gum Contouring: For patients with an uneven gum line or excess tissue that creates a “gummy smile”, we offer laser gum contouring. This safe and effective procedure can remove excess tissue and create an aesthetically scalloped gum line for a more proportionate smile.
- Invisalign®: For patients with misalignment that is not easily concealed with porcelain veneers, we offer Invisalign®. This orthodontic system uses clear, removable aligner trays to gently shift your teeth into optimal alignment.
Your smile makeover will be customized to meet your individual needs. You can create a plan tailored to address discoloration and deep stains, gapped or crooked teeth, minor damage such as chips or cracks, and more.
One of the most common treatment combinations is teeth whitening and porcelain veneers. Teeth whitening is always on of the first procedures completed, so that we can match the porcelain veneers to the newly whitened shade of your smile. Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud can develop a detailed treatment plan which will outline your estimated treatment timeline. Patients requiring Invisalign® will typically start with that treatment. During this time, you may have some procedures completed, but treatments such as porcelain veneers and dental bonding should wait until the completion of your orthodontic treatment.
Transform Your Appearance
To find out if a smile makeover is right for you, contact our office staff today to schedule your cosmetic consultation. Our doctors can carefully evaluate your smile to determine if you would benefit from this customized, comprehensive treatment.
“My first visit at Oak Harbor Dentistry was hands down the greatest experience I've ever had at a dental office.” Brittany H., Facebook Review