Full Mouth Reconstruction Can Restore Your Oral Health
A full mouth reconstruction can be an ideal option for patients who have extensive tooth decay and damage that requires multiple restorative dentistry procedures. Dr. Michael J. Appleton and Dr. Christopher Braud perform customized full mouth reconstruction treatments at their Slidell, LA, office and can transform the health and appearance of your smile with this comprehensive plan. Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud draw on their extensive knowledge in restorative dentistry to develop personalized treatment plans for patients suffering from multiple oral health issues. Their background in cosmetic dentistry can also ensure the improvement of not only your oral health, but also of the aesthetics of your smile.
A full mouth reconstruction can be an ideal option for patients who have extensive tooth decay and damage that require multiple restorative dentistry procedures.
What is a Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstructions combine multiple restorative treatments and are designed to restore the health and form of your smile. This comprehensive treatment plan can address a wide range of oral complications, including missing teeth, severe damage and decay, severe misalignment, gum disease, and more. Full mouth reconstruction is often necessary for patients who have suffered severe oral trauma.
What Will My Treatment Entail?
The first step in restoring your oral health is to meet with Dr. Appleton or Dr. Braud for your initial consultation. During this meeting, you can discuss your needs and goals. We will also perform a thorough oral examination, looking at your teeth and gums, and take x-rays of your jaw. These images will allow our doctors to see the extent of damage and determine which procedures will benefit you most. Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud can recommend a combination of procedures and develop a detailed treatment plan. Full mouth reconstruction is then completed in stages, as many procedures may require healing periods.
Commonly Combined Treatments
Your full mouth reconstruction may include any combination of procedures, such as:
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the gold standard in tooth replacement. Whether you are missing a single tooth or several, you can benefit from dental implants. This solution offers superior stability for the restorations they support (crowns, bridges, or dentures), and they greatly improve your oral health by halting bone loss.
- Dental Crowns: If you have one or more teeth that have suffered significant damage as a result of decay or trauma,our doctors may recommend a dental crown to reinforce and protect the tooth. We offer crowns in a variety of materials, including porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, gold, and zirconia.
- Dentures: If you are missing several or all of your teeth, we can restore your smile with aesthetic, functional dentures. We also offer partial dentures and implant-supported restorations to meet our patients' varied needs.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is used to replace two to three consecutive missing teeth. Our office also offers implant-supported bridges for patients who desire greater stability.
Full mouth reconstructions combine multiple restorative designed to restore the health and form of your smile.
- Fillings:Our office uses composite resin, or tooth-colored fillings, to repair a tooth after decay has been removed. These restorations can strengthen your tooth and blend with your smile.
- Inlays and Onlays: Damaged teeth may require more extensive treatment than what a filling can provide, but a crown is unnecessary. To restore a tooth that has suffered moderate decay or damage to the cusps or chewing surface, our doctors can place an inlay or onlay.
- Cosmetic Treatments: Many patients choose improve the appearance of their smile once their oral health has been restored. You can include a range of procedures to enhance the shade and shape of your smile.
Restore Your Smile
Dr. Appleton and Dr. Braud can determine the right set of procedures needed to restore oral health and full function to your smile. They can also ensure your smile looks healthy and natural. To find out if you can benefit from full mouth reconstruction, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.
“My first visit at Oak Harbor Dentistry was hands down the greatest experience I've ever had at a dental office.” Brittany H., Facebook Review